Bus Service (Form at bottom of this page)
SJP students who live in the Masbeth, Middle Village, Glendale and Ridgewood area, may opt to use our St. John's Prep Bus Shuttle service in the morning.
- We are excited to provide this opportunity and hope that this service may be a convenient way for some families in our school community to transport their child to St. John's Prep.
- The annual cost of the bus service will be $900 for the first student, with each sibling costing only $100 additional for the year. Payment will cover one-way transportation to school each day.
- On “delayed opening" days, the route times will be adjusted based on the established opening schedule.
- A Bus Registration/Parent Agreement Form is posted online. Parents should complete this form and submit the non-refundable deposit fee of $100 by May 1 to ensure their child's spot on the bus.
- Availability of the bus service will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The stops will be finalized by May 1, 2018 and communicated to the parents by May 15 for the Middle Village/ Glendale/Ridgewood & Masbeth Shuttle route.
By Public Transportation:
From NYC, Upper Manhattan, and The Bronx:
Connect to N or Q train to Ditmars Blvd. (last stop).
The N or Q train stops five blocks from St. John's Prep and the Q69 bus stops at the corner.
Walk away from the elevated tracks to Ditmars Blvd.
Make a left on Ditmars Blvd. Walk 5 blocks to Crescent Street. (between 26th and 24th Streets)
Make a right turn on Crescent Steet to the main entrance of the school.
Google Maps Transit can be helpful for planning your trip.
From the Grand Central Parkway:
Take the 31st Street exit (last exit before the RFK Bridge, formerly Triboro Bridge).
Bear right on Hoyt Avenue to 21st Street. Make a right onto 21st Street to 21st Avenue. Make another right onto 21st Avenue to Crescent Street. Take Crescent Street to the main entrance located at 21-21 Crescent Street.
From the Brooklyn Queens Expressway:
Astoria Blvd West exit:
Immediately bear right onto 43rd Street. Take 43rd Street to 21st Avenue and make a left onto 21st Avenue. Take 21st Avenue to Crescent Street and make a left onto Crescent Street. Take Crescent Street to the main entrance located at 21-21 Crescent Street.
Additional information is available on the MTA website: MTA Information