Bus Service -
SJP students who live in the Maspeth, Middle Village, Glendale, Richmond Hill, and Ridgewood area, may now opt to use our St. John's Prep Shuttle Bus service in the morning.
- This service is a convenient way for some families in our school community to transport their child to St. John's Prep.
- The annual cost of the bus service is $1,000 for the first student, with each sibling costing only $100 additional for the year. Payment covers one-way transportation to school each day.
- Register online.
- Bus Schedule will be emailed to parents in the summer.
- On “delayed opening" days, the route times will be adjusted based on the established opening schedule.
- Eastern/ Northeastern Queens Bus Survey
By Public Transportation:
From NYC, Upper Manhattan, and The Bronx:
Connect to N or Q train to Ditmars Blvd. (last stop).
The N or Q train stops five blocks from St. John's Prep and the Q69 bus stops at the corner.
Walk away from the elevated tracks to Ditmars Blvd.
Make a left on Ditmars Blvd. Walk 5 blocks to Crescent Street. (between 26th and 24th Streets)
Make a right turn on Crescent Steet to the main entrance of the school.
Google Maps Transit can be helpful for planning your trip.
From the Grand Central Parkway:
Take the 31st Street exit (last exit before the RFK Bridge, formerly Triboro Bridge).
Bear right on Hoyt Avenue to 21st Street. Make a right onto 21st Street to 21st Avenue. Make another right onto 21st Avenue to Crescent Street. Take Crescent Street to the main entrance located at 21-21 Crescent Street.
From the Brooklyn Queens Expressway:
Astoria Blvd West exit:
Immediately bear right onto 43rd Street. Take 43rd Street to 21st Avenue and make a left onto 21st Avenue. Take 21st Avenue to Crescent Street and make a left onto Crescent Street. Take Crescent Street to the main entrance located at 21-21 Crescent Street.
Additional information is available on the MTA website: MTA Information