Dear Students and Families,
We are proud to launch the 2019-2020 school year with an incredibly talented and dedicated faculty and staff! All of us at St. John’s Prep are eager to begin what promises to be a great year as we continue to provide a challenging academic program to prepare you for the rigor of college and beyond.
There is a lot to keep track of and prepare for a successful school year for your student and family. If you have any questions about this upcoming school year, please do not hesitate to contact the Office at (718) 721-7200.
- Transportation: Students will receive their Metro-Cards during Welcome Week in homeroom. There is still time to sign up for the SJP Morning Bus for students who live within the Ridgewood, Glendale, Richmond Hill, Middle Village, and Maspeth area. Register for transportation here.
- All Parents, please mark your calendar for Parent-Teacher Night: October 10 @6pm
- Uniforms: Please be sure you have ordered both the School and Phys. Ed uniforms - Please visit the Dress Code page on our website for further information.
- Athletic Physical: An updated Health & Sport Physical is required for all returning students who will be trying out for any of our athletic teams. This form is due before the first day of tryouts or practice.
- Medicals: Incoming first-year and transfer students must have an up to date physical/medical form on file with a list of the required immunizations before students may attend classes.
- Grade Book: for Parents/Guardians (Home Logic) Activation emails for Home Logic will go out to all new families in September
- Lockers & Locks: Returning students should bring their locks for School on Friday, September 5. The class of 2023 and transfer students will receive them in school.
- School ID and Yearbook Photos: Irwin Simon is the official photographer for St. John’s Prep. Please note the schedule for pictures:
- Freshman: September 5
- Sophomores: September 19
- Juniors: September 10
- Seniors: All seniors should have received their appointment information from Irwin Simon scheduled August 27th & 28th.